Frequently Asked Questions
What time should I arrive for worship?
- Worship begins promptly at 10:30 AM, but people start to arrive around 10. You are welcome to come a little early so that you may meet some of our members, or feel free to arrive by 10:25 so that you can find a seat and get settled before worship begins.
Is there a dress code?
- Worship at Faith is informal. Some folks wear jeans while others wear a shirt and tie. Feel free to wear whatever feels comfortable to you.
What can I expect during worship?
- Our Order of Worship follows the Service to the Lord’s Day, which is the traditional Presbyterian worship style. Worship begins with the ringing of hand bells as we gather before the Baptismal Font, the Communion Table, the Word of God, and the Lighting of the Christ Candle. You will hear either piano or organ music, the singing of several hymns, and prayers of the people. The chancel includes a monitor which the pastor uses to show images as she expounds upon a Scripture passage and describes how the Word applies to our daily lives.
How will I know what to do?
- When you arrive, an usher will give you a user-friendly bulletin, aka, Order of Worship. An asterisk (*) indicates whe you are invited to stand if you are able and bold-face type indicates a unison response by the congregations.
What happens after worship?
- After worship concludes, we share announcements about upcoming outreach and/or fellowship events. As we Pass the Peace of Christ, worshipers are welcome to converse with one another, often refreshments. About once a quarter, we host a luncheon which you are invited to attend.